Monday, June 14, 2010

A FOND FAREWELL


A beautiful piece from one of the best kept secret in the music world- ARI HEST.


My mother once told me
The thicker your skin
The better off you'll be when this world brings you down
Well it's trying to control me
And leave me without hope
In the past I've been burned
But I've lived and I've learned

Beneath the shelter of the pouring rain
In the absence of this fear and pain
I will finally bid my ball and chain
A fond farewell

On the road that leads me to my place
I will rid my heart of past disgrace
I will finally bid this sluggish pace
A fond farewell

When I heard their reservations
When I read their bitter words
I shined a light upon their wisdom no matter how absurd
And it broke my heard to pieces
And I questioned my own beliefs
My dignity was gone
But it's time to move on

Chorus

Say goodbye to feeling sorry for myself
To begging others for far too much help
This is my hand, these are the cards that I've been dealt
Only I can make these changes, nobody else
Say goodbye to those sleepless nights
Those corridors with no end in sight
A driven man with these words I write
I'm making peace with my soul tonight

Chorus



related post:


Cover Corner: Ari Hest covers Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"

__________________________________________________________________________